Sunday, October 11, 2015

IT WAS JUST A SMILE!

Early yesterday morning, I was rushing to pick up my friend, to meet another friend for breakfast. It was a celebration of my friend's new job, and also a post-birthday 'party'.

But, whoa, I had not gotten the card yet! So I stopped on the way at my local Walgreen's.  As I walked inside, I saw an elderly gentleman walking towards me from the far side, but I diverted to the left to the card section.  While I was picking out my card, this gentleman approached me, and he had a great big smile on his face.  And what he said blessed my socks plum off!

"When you walked in here, you had the brightest, biggest smile on your face.  It just blessed me and I wanted you to know it."  With this, he held his hand out to me to shake it.  I was stunned! I recovered quickly, and told him, 'I have every reason to smile. I am a happy person!',  His smile grew to cover his entire face, and I was just mesmerized by it.  He said he needed that smile and that people just don't do that anymore, smile, I mean.  I happily shook his hand and wished him a blessed day.

Sometimes it's just a smile that makes a person's day. I don't know what has been going on in that man's life. I just know something I could not help doing blessed him. You see, I smile because I am a happy person. I am happy because Jesus is my Savior, and He has brought great blessings to me. You can be happy too.  Just ask Him into your heart and be amazed. He will move in and you will have my smile too!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment