Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Come To Me....

'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' (Matthew 11:28)

I have made lots of mistakes in the past. I have hurt people, I have assumed things that were not true, I did not keep promises. I failed...alot. I still do.

I am grateful that knowing Jesus has brought me through my past to where I am today. Yes, I still sometimes do all those things. Not with intent, but be...cause I am human. I strive to be a woman who lives by Jesus' example, to be full of grace and mercy, kindness and love. And while I am not always who I hope I will be, my heart is different than it once was.

'Come to me...'. Jesus says that to me every day. And because I can go to Him freely and give Him my cares and burdens, I am much more apt to extend that same grace to others.

When Jesus gives us rest, He also gives us forgiveness, mercy, and unconditional love. He pours this love, and His comfort, onto us lavishly. He truly lightens our load simply because He is willing to do so.

I am sorry if you are one I have mistreated, in any way. I ask your forgiveness. And if I do it again, I ask that you remember we are all in the human condition and will make mistakes, no matter how closely aligned with Jesus we are. But I am still going to try to not do it again, and I am not going to worry about it. Why?

Because He has said, 'Come...'.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment